- Open, extract, and create 200+ archive types: ARC, CAB, ISO, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, ZIPX, ZPAQ, XZ
- Last updated on 10/07/20
- There have been 6 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 0 flags on VirusTotal
PeaZip is a free ZIP files utility and free RAR file extractor, a fast and elegant all-purpose file manager and archive manager tool for Windows, Linux, and BSD. The program freatures a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.PeaZip is based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (FreeARC, PAQ, UPX) for supporting additional file formats and features, for a total of over 200 file formats supported. Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, WIM, XZ, ZIP files. Open and extract RAR, ACE, ARJ, CAB, DEB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RPM, UDF, ZIPX files.
PeaZip is localized in over than 30 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (200+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, hashing, find duplicate files, convert archives), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion). The distinctive trait of PeaZip is the innovative and easy to use compression/extraction interface, more similar to CD burners interfaces rather than to a classic file compressor: this design makes extremely simple to check/update items set for compression and extraction, integrating a full featured file manager component. Also, tasks created in the GUI can be easily saved and scheduled as batch scripts, in order to help automate backup/restore operations, or for fine tuning, or for learning purpose, bridging the gap between the ease of use of GUI applications and power and flexibility of console.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.4.2
- GUI refresh and improved working with 7Z, ARC, PEA, RAR, and ZIPX archive types.
- Use new fast compression algorithms in 7Z format: Brotli, Fast-LZMA2, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, and Zstandard are now available, providing faster-than-Deflate compression with better speed-to-compression-ratio efficiency.
- PEA now supports multiple cascade encryption, i.e. AES+Twofish+Serpent, each 256 bit in EAX mode.
- RAR archives are now fully read-write supported from PeaZip if Rar.exe is featured in the system: it is possible to update, edit, rename, and delete files in existing RAR archives, and more RAR-specific options are supported (set comment, lock archive, header encryption, set recovery records percentage).
- ZIPX archives can now be edited, and it is possible to optionally use .zipx extension when creating non-Deflate compressed .zip archives.
- Repair ARC and RAR files and even attempt recovery if the archive cannot be opened for browsing.
- 210 file extensions can now be managed by PeaZip.
- Translations are available in over than 30 languages.
How to Register Software With a Registration Code?-Double-click the desktop shortcut to launch the .exe file.
-Enter your name and the .exe Registration Code precisely as they appear on your registration acknowledgement email when the registration reminder window appears.
-Press Register. Enter all additional details exactly as they are listed on your registration confirmation email, including your .exe serial number.